Anyone up for contributing to a goofy video project?
I want to make a music video pieced together of folks singing a song I wrote, called Last Request.
And I mean “singing” really loosely. You can hum, sing, talk, do interpretive dance, hold up cards/posters of the lyrics like all the kids do these days, whatever! You can do the whole song, or just the parts you like, or do different things on different parts, or all things all together—anything goes.
I’m trying to pull out the collaborative friendship theme in the song, and I’m not looking for polished performances. The more natural/weird/casual the better. You can video just you, you and a friend, you and all your friends and neighbors, you with your cat on your lap, outside, inside, sitting, jogging, sailing, eating ice cream…whatever you want! If you capture any laughing, hugs, high-fives, etc., that’s fantastic too.
So, if you’re interested (which I hope you are!), keep reading on HOW TO:
I’m using this video from tour as the base. Like I said, very lo-fi. :)
1. Here’s the audio from that video (with me teaching the chorus at the beginning if that helps, or you can skip over that part!).
2. Here are the lyrics.
3. Video/film yourself with whatever equipment and however you want. (Well, you know, use your good judgment. If you’re filming with a partner, kissing, holding hands, things like that all good, but this should be viewable by small children when it’s finished. ;)
4. Ping me and we’ll figure out the file transfer.
5. Share the project with your family, friends, colleagues, neighbors! Here’s my blogpost about it that you can forward around if that helps. The Facebook event is here.
6. I’ll edit all the footage, and then we can spread the goodness around the world!
Feel free to hit me up with any questions or ideas. Thank you!!
p.s. If you want to shoot footage but not be in the video, that’s great too! I have visions of folks singing on the sidewalk, in barber shops, on boats, across the world…. a girl can dream. ;)